Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recipe - vegetable soup

So around this place, lunch is whenever or whatever you can find to eat. Well thanks to my mama I don't have to worry about that this week. My moms recipe for vegetable soup with noodles is wonderful and oh so easy. But it makes quite a lot of food so be prepared to eat it all week long!

Ingredients:

Can of tomato soup

Can of water, stock or broth

2 cans of Veg-all

1 large can crushed tomatoes

1/4 box of elbow macaroni

salt

pepper

italian seasoning



Open all cans and place in large pot. Season to taste. Bring to a boil. Pour in macaroni. Turn down heat and simmer until pasta gets tender 10-15 minutes. Enjoy.

This recipe makes around 60-70 oz. of soup. Now you can tweak this to make this to suit your family. You can use fresh veggies, only certain veggies, whatever seasonings you want, you could add meat, use a different pasta and it still works.

When I store this it tends to thicken up on me. So i just add a little tomato paste and chicken broth to the bowl before I add my soup. It just makes it a little more soupy and less stewy.





Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment