Thursday, August 6, 2009

As if I wasn't busy enough...

So being that I have sooooooo much free time I have decided that I hate the wallpaper in the great room and want it gone. When we bought this house, I wasn't a fan of the wallpaper ( I am never a fan of wallpaper ) and I figured we could easily change it when I wanted to. Well I decided that I wanted to change it yesterday. Of course I had to call the hubby and get permission before I start ripping it off. Since he is putty in my capable hands, he agreed if the walls were OK underneath.



So I started with a small patch to see if they were OK. They seemed fine to me but I ran into another problem. There are 2 layers of wallpaper. UGH!!I think I may have mentioned it already that I HATE WALLPAPER. I have removed a border once in our old house but as many of you know this room is MUCH bigger and wallpaper covers the wall. See exhibit A B and C below but disregard the chaos that is our great room.






So that is the room and I have already started the removal process. I can get the whole first layer off and most of the second layer except the back and glue. I know I will be using wallpaper stripper for that part. But I am at a loss for what color to paint the room when done. The wood panel will be staying and the hubby thinks that something neutral will work best. I am really thinking about a robin egg blue. I think that will work great with our cream couch and warm honey wood color. Any suggestions????


No comments:

Post a Comment